Saturday 28 June 2008

Great weekend part 2 (Church life)

Today we set forward to Leeds. Allan and the family will meet us there later. We have decided to go to Leeds for visiting the saints there and also for the Lord's table meeting. We were delighted when knowing saints from Nottingham were coming too.

We soon came to Leeds high street and meet up with most of them. Before the meeting start we did some Rhema distribution at the high street. The Rhema table and tent were already set up. This was my first time and is kind of nervous but also fun. Rhema distribution was actually to give out free Bible. I was distributing together with Ester.

So to the people there, we went "Hello, would you like a free Bible?" Well most of the people just say no thank you. However we did have some who are opened and would like to know more. Suprisingly most of them are young people. I felt very happy and excited when someone say "I'll have one, thank you". Honestly, I actually felt more happier than scoring a 100% in a test. It was a feeling I don't want to forget. I was rejoiced because there was a faint hope that this person who want the Bible, might read it and Lord will shine the light into this person spirit for In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it. (John 1: 4-5). In the other hand when someone say no, thank you, I was feeling sorry for them. I looked at them carefully and just say thank you back. What happen if you don't accept Christ as your life? I'm not here to preach Christianity but to preach Christ. Today Christianity has became just another empty, meaningless, outwardly worship. It is sad to say most of them have moved away from the matter of having Christ as life.....I respect to other people's belief. However how we worship, it is still better to worship a "living" God, a God that has created us and loves us and we will love Him back. Oh Lord Jesus I love you because you first love me. Can you declare such love to the God you believe?
After a morning of distributing, we decided to pack and leave. It has struckked me a bit when we were readying to leave. I just remember that the gospel we preach in today's age is the gospel of grace. The gospel of grace will not be forever preached. It will stop when the number is fullfilled. My dearest friends and family, I hope you are one of the count. It sounds crazy but I cannot neglect the fact - the history of Israel, the fulfillment of the prophesied word in the Bible in previous age and this age, the preservation of the Bible (thinking about how many times in human history when certain events that can fully whipped out the Bible but it still stay firm until today) and the most is my joy and peace when I pray to Him (because man is the only creature that is created with the spirit and man's spirit is the organ to contact our God. Man's spirit is like another thing e.g. man's soul and man's flesh)
The afternoon we have everyone there praising, singing, sharing, encouraging, prophesying etc... The meeting was glorious and full of riches. This is the church. The Christianity has made many people relating the word church to the building that has a cross on it. That should be refered to a building or meeting hall. If we really come to the scripture we will realize that the church is actually when believers come together worshipping God in their spirit. This is a church. (Corinthians 1: 2). Bind the enemy who cause confusion among God's children. Hallelujah this is the church life. Spiritually and body satisfaction. No more anxiety from the world. We have Christ as our real food and we have brothers and sisters' love to feed our tummy. =)
God loves children too.

1 comment:

  1. Nice jobs, nice words but lack of me inside. But it is coming soon. As I mention in chatter box, next time when u post, suggest to add the evidence words from the Bible.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails