Tuesday 23 March 2010

Oneil Irish Pub and Bar, Newcastle upon Tyne

When you're hungry and want some nice pub food but not too expensive, you have come to the right place if it is the Oneil Irish Pub and Bar.

They serves the Irish mash potato, calcannon. It was a special than normal mash as it was mixed with shreadded cabbage leaf. The texture was smooth and thick. Totally fall for it.

Then there is the Irish sausage which the taste was normal for me. I still miss the best ever sausage - Cumberland sausage which hubby bought from COOP supermarket. Hardly see them now. =(

Hubby order the seafood calcannon pot. Yum!

The lamb stew in Irish bread was normal plus maybe it's me because for the lamb I like it has to be cooked like the Indian kinda lamb curry way.
The food is really nice however they only have one chef. This annoyed me the most because when we came here they told us the chef won't take any more order until 3pm. Wah, like that also can do business one....!!!

You may also order burger and chips which the usual thing on British pub food menu. So when I'm back again I'll order seafood calcannon pot.

Verdict: Food - 8/10, Price 8/10
Location: Opposite Newcastle Central Station

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails