Wednesday 18 June 2008

Another great weekend away (part I)

Saturday for me meant to be a slightly longer lie in day since I have been up at 6am from Mon to Fri getting ready for work. However this day (14th Jun 08) I got up at 6:30am to catch my train at 7:30am. Bearing with my half opened and half closed eye I reached the train station, printed out the pre-booked fast ticket and boarded the train. Yeah! I'm heading to York to meet up with Ruby and other sisters and also the couple who has just migrated from USA to York.
They have very cute children and they're smart too. The boy who is three was telling me how to read and his sister who is one was feeding her baby doll. Very cute.
Before meeting them I took a stroll in York city centre. That day was a Saturday for course you get many people out visiting and shopping. What a coincidence the time when I'm in York was happened to be to the queen of England's birthday (just the official birthday not her real birthday though). So they held a salutation event in the Garden Museum of York. UK each year has only five salutating stations - no doubt is London, Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and York (representing the North of England). Quite a number of people were there watching. I was at the very front row. A lady next to me told us that one of the people who fired the canon was her daughter. We started to chat and realize that she knew Sabah and Kota Kinabalu. Her son is currently there back-packing. That morning has been sunny and on-off drizzling. Prince Andrew (the one on the stage) and the other big people were there. Not a clue who are the others. =PThe couple from USA gave us really warm hospitality. Julia is a Korean and Allan an American. So their children are mixed blood. Very pretty and handsome. That night Julia made us nice Korean dinner. Ruby, Li Jing, Ester, Jia Nuo and I were all stuffed. Everyone was chilling and happy. Gosh that night just ended so quick.

Tomorrow we all travelled to Leeds. Stay tune for part 2.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails