Tuesday 22 June 2010

1st Time Achievement - Peiking Duck + Wrap

This is some other things I will do during my weekend if I'm not away for trips and blending meetings. I hope I can be more active in doing the receipes (I have collected so far). And so I can share you the receipe I successfully pull through or unsuccessfully done. No offence to the author, I'm just sharing my experience here. I know I'm bad in following a receipe diligently but just for normal people like me can do very well in that dishes if that receipe is 100% good.

So I did Peiking duck. Why? Because that weekend Tesco duck was on offer £6. As simple as that. The roast duck here in Chinatown usually £7-8 for half and more for a whole one and I want duck =)

Did some googling and Euphocafe seem to have good & successful Peiking duck receipe. Oh by the way I use bicycle pump to blow air into the duck breast instead. I don't have such breathe to blow with a plastic straw.

Good luck to those who are doing Peiking duck at home. It tasted good but now I know I rather buy instead =P. Well one achievement for this girl. Oh must never substitute with honey. Just myself felt it doesn't taste as very authentic if with honey.

I substituted chive for cucumber strip and spring onion because I have none at that time. The wrap was perfect!

The look of my duck that just out from the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails