Thursday 4 September 2008

Some Turkish Men

I hope I will not offend any of my Turkish reader if there happen to be. From the Ataturk airport we took the metro to Sultanameh which was like the touristy area and where our hostel was located. Gosh to find our hostel has taken us very long time after circling the place and asking so many people. Well most of them actually came up to us to offer help. So nice and friendly right! Finally found our hostel - Nobel hostel. Outside it looks red, inside has 4 floors, top floor is the terrace where we have our breakfast and nice sea view. Our room number was 201 at second floor which has three rooms and a toilet. It wasn't very spacey but just nice and clean. But definately have to watch out when going up and down the stair. The height of the steps were not even. They can be too low or the other way.

OK...the some Turk men. Erm... Why the men? I know I am a married woman. But definately James will allow me to make this comment. Besides my title is some TURKISH men..not just some men..Let me make a list of their characteristics so you can get the full picture of them. But this cannot generalise all the Turk men either. ok.

1. Varies in height. Tall, short and very short. Like other nationals
2. Skin colour = pale, tan, very tan
3. Majority one has the top-fashion-magazine model looking eye and nose. 4. Mostly dressed smart as in nice shirt, trouser, leather belt and polished shoe when they work (including the guy working in kitchen). Hope this will make James feels guilty.
5. Hair = dark, mostly short and curve
With no alcohol effect but can dance holding hand during concert in park 6. Most like to stare at passerby
7. Most like to stop and say "Hi" to passerby.
8. Most of their everyday and every minute and never feel bore to say sentances especially to women passerby are:
Hi, how are you?
How is your day?
Where you from?
You are very pretty.
What is your name?
Are you Korean? Japanese? Chinese? *then started guessing where you from*
Would you like to come in and I treat you nice apple tea? *actually hoping we also have a look at his shop*
Where are you going later?
What are you doing tonight? *follow by* I finish work tonight at XXX and if you want we can go to XXX pub for a drink. *remember they are saying this to a stranger like me when I'm in their shop*

All in all... the Turk men - like approaching people. Purpose maybe for business, company or something else. But for me and Lyn we thought it was "kao lui". It is nothing wrong about that. Just it is something you don't see everyday let alone seeing the most of the whole one nation of the men will do. Funnily and sweet yet scary. I did not stake them! Just any woman who have been to Turkey will find this same feeling too.




2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh i definitely find that scary!! I was in hospital accommodation away from Leeds when some Pakistani people moved in. Was all alone with them during weekend. One of the guys kept 'disturbing' me. Well it might be normal for them but i really freaked out when he went so far to even ask: can i call you pretty? I was only being friendly and helped him when he asked, and then he made this much of advancement! Seems like the lesson i learnt is that i cannot be friendly especially when i'm alone. In the end i couldn't handle that level of insecurity that i requested to move to another floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. We both felt bad for being rude, however that is the way to be. Other than this I will still go back to Turkey. I did enjoy the holiday. Miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails